The Ferntree Gully Arts Society has been active since it’s inception in 1944 and our gallery has been in operation since 1947 when an old army hut was purchased and moved from Darley near Bacchus Marsh, north-west of Melbourne (hence the name of our gallery) and placed on a block of land (which the arts society had the foreseight to purchase many years ago) in Underwood Rd.Learn more
As a member of the Ferntree Gully Arts Society you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Participation in any of the low cost workshops
- Joining ‘plein air’ painting groups
- Entry to five annual awards
- Entry to ‘members only’ exhibitions
- Use of the Gallery space for solo and group exhibitions
- Use of our extensive library
- Mixing with other artists and friends at social occasions
- A bimonthly newsletter
Many artists have passed through the doors of the Hut and many of them have had some prominence.
The Ferntree Gully Arts Society has, over the last seventy years, built up a collection of some 100 works of art.
Most of these works came via annual acquisitive exhibitions, some were presented to the Society and others donated.Learn more
The FTG Arts Society runs regular exhibitions over ten months of the year. Some of these encourage non-members to display their work for an opportunity to win awards, whilst the rest of our monthly exhibitions feature artworks by members who can win some “art supply money” in a popular vote prize.Learn more